Ok so here I begin. This is just my story, though others may probably be able to relate to it. Social media is stressful!
There are many social medias out there Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Flickr, We Heart it, Pinterest, Twitter, WhatsApp, Snapchat and many more.
But the problem is do you let it take over your life? Do you become attatched or somehow obsessed? Do you set limits to the amount of time you spend in the technological world? Or do you let it run you and your life?
There is a healthy limit I believe. And I believe I have crossed that limit. I let it overtake me and my life, sitting at home as a loner in my bedroom scrolling, liking, following in between eating and using essential facilities. I let it control me. I scroll , instead of with envy. I scroll with the motivation to want to change myself for the better. To want to be someone, something else that is better, this I believed to be healthy a long while ago but recently I realised it was time to unplug.
Stop reading this post and take a look around wherever your surroundings may be. Taking time out makes me smile.
Or unplug completely.
Don’t let it control you. Set yourself a goal of 1 to 2 hours of social media a day or let go of it completely and discover all you have lost and all that has gone or all that may have been missing.
My dear child of Gaia
You don’t have to refrain from anything
You can be you,
And mother will comfort you
The warmth, the draft, the closeness
How you are connected to her,
She is always there, though your awareness of this is unclear to you
Let yourself be one with her and all will be well.
Let go, let in, let out, let love and let yourself flourish to who your supposed to be.
I promise you, mother will guide you.
I must say I’m wasn’t a fan of social media.. I deleted Facebook, my only social media account around 3 or 4 years ago,with the goal of being rid of social media completely… trying to remain unplugged i discovered instagram.. I was abit behind everyone else. Most others had, had it for years before I had so it was kinda a new thing for me. That was it my goal was destroyed and now, I am here to list you my top 10.
10. @melissajadegoodwin – of course me..
I still do not recommend social media
Use it for inspiration and no other purpose otherwise you get to focused on others and digital life and start to forget the importance of real life connection.
Love all …x
The magical sounds coming from sisters Zaina, Cheskimo and Vesta. Their earthy interconnected dreamy like transitional songs of the Mamatung tribe…
Heres Mamatung in their previous gigs.
You can catch them below:
Let me begin by saying I am grateful for the person that I am turning into in some ways.
1. I am grateful for the individuality I allow myself despite the setbacks
2. I am grateful to be unique and different.
3. I am grateful that I am weird as I guess that’s kinda amusing to some.
4. I am grateful I have a mama that cooks such tasty food (some of which she gets from Jamie Oliver)
5. I am grateful to be the type of person that dreams big, even if to others they sound unachieveable or unrealistic ( and I will not give up because of others views)
6. I am grateful that I enjoy reading and learning as I have learnt so much of the classic icons from the past, as well as about the worlds religions, different lifestyles and ways of living.
7. I am grateful of my ability to be able to relax more easily than most others.
8. I am grateful of what my opinions and morals are turning into.
9. I am grateful I have the facial features that I do.
10. I am grateful for me and I am grateful for you too…..
List a few of the things you are grateful for daily by starting a gratitude journal to help yourself appreciate the little yet miraculous beautiful things in life that you take for granted.
Love, Lissa x
They say you should count your blessings, so here is blessing No.1.
The face of my Greek-goddess of a sister called Emma, her wavy brunette hair like the salty effect of which the ocean leaves, like a mermaid come from below the sea, her beautiful voice that you long to hear and kind words of which she speaks.
Her bright energy of which she sends off lights up all the rooms along with her smile and style thrown together in a perfectly imperfectly cool way.
She’s talented more than we notice and realise, talented in all things from leading a band to singing to her creativity which she shows in all situations that she takes on.
Leaving a positive effect on all the beings that she meets,
I have felt this effect and seen the effect of which she has on others,
She is a gift to the world and for having her in my life I am blessed or should I say we are all blessed.